Engr Musa Abdullahi is a retired teacher of physics, prominent Electronics and Telecommunication engineer, distinguished Abusite and former Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina
Born in Katsina on the 19th of July, 1941, Engr Musa Abdullahi attended Kayalwa Elementary School, Katsina from January 1948 – November 1951, Government (Barewa) College Zaria from January 1954 to December 1958 before proceeding to Dundee Technical College in Scotland for his advanced level studies.
In October 1961, he enrolled at the University of Manchester and graduated in June 1965 with a degree in Physics. He was appointed lecturer in Physic at the Federal Government College, Sokoto. Between 1966 and 1968, he undertook a Masters degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering at the Ahamadu Bello University, Zaria.
On completion of the Masters Degrees, he was appointed to the staff of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of the University from October 1968. As part of the University’s staff development programme, he went on attachment to some key Laboratories in England.
According to his various citations, he is the first northern engineer to obtain a Masters Degree from Ahmadu Bello University. Engr Musa Abdullahi was subsequently appointed Principal of College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria and later Rector of College of Arts Science and Technology, Katsina and subsequently the foundation Rector of Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina State, a position in which he served meritoriously.
Subsequently, between 1983 and 2000 he assumed various professional and administrative positions in the Kaduna State and Federal Government, the last of which was Director of Engineering Services in the Federal Ministry of Works where he retired on 30th June 2000
He served as Senior Lecturer (contract appointment) at the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Federal University of Technology Minna between 1st November 2000 to 31st December 2010 where he brought his experience to bear on his teaching and served as Head of Department, Department of Electrical and
Computer Engineering from October 2005 to October 2007.
He was appointed Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina serving from 23rd May 2007 to 22nd May 2017
(1) “Design and Construction of Stabilized Power Supply Unit Using Transistors”, (Internal Communications, Department of Electrical Engineering, A.B.U., Zaria, 1971).
(2) “Design and Construction of Transistorized A.F and R.F Signal Generators”, (Internal Communications, Department of Electrical Engineering, A.B.U., Zaria, 1971).
(3) “Design and Construction of Transistorized Low-power A.M and F.M.
Transmitters”, (Internal Communications, Department of Electrical Engineering, A.B.U., Zaria, 1971).
(4) “Design and Construction of Transistorized Single-Wave A.M and F.M.
Receivers”, (Internal Communications, Department of Electrical Engineering, A.B.U. Zaria, 1972).
(5) “Design and Construction of Operational Amplifier”, (Internal Communications, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, F.U. T, Minna, 2005).
Papers Presented by Engr Musa Abdullahi
(1) “Dependence of Accelerating Force on Speed”. Presented at the 10th Annual
Conference of Science Association of Nigeria, Zaria (April 1968).
(2) “The Ultimate Speed without Infinite Mass”. Presented at the 8th Annual
Conference of Nigerian Institute of physics, Port Harcourt (April 1985).
(3) “Presenting a Scientific Alphabet for Writing Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba”. Presented at 32nd Annual Conference of Science Teachers Association of Nigeria, Yola (August 1991).
(4) “Technical and Vocational Education and Modernization in Nigeria”. Reproduced in the Proceedings of International Symposium on Technical and Vocational Education, Beijing ROC, pp. 190-201 (September 1993).
(5) 45 Papers in General Science Journal.
On-line Publication at: www.GSJournal.net
(6) 30 Papers uploaded at: www.musadabdullahi.academia.edu
Engr. Abdullahi has published several books: amongst which is one on the Hausa Language and others on Mechanics and Engineering Maintenance. They include:
(1) “Tafi: A new Hausa Writing”, (M.I.S. Press, Zaria 1970).
(2) “Provision and Maintenance of Engineering Infrastructure for Technological Development in Nigeria”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, April 2000).
(3) “Electrodynamics for a Charged Particle Accelerated to the Speed of Light with Constant Mass”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, June 2001).
(4) “A New System of Mechanics Alternative to Relativity and Quantum Theory”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, February 2001).
(5) “Lecture Notes on Electromagnetic Fields & Waves”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, June 2004).
(6) Lecture Notes on Analogue Electronics”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, June 2004).
(7) Lecture Notes on Physical Electronics”, (Fahimta Publishing Company, Kaduna, February, 2001).
He is a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Member of both the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE, UK) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE, USA). Other professional bodies include:
- Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Fellow, Institution of Engineering and Technology, London.
- Fellow, Solar Energy Society of Nigeria.
- Fellow, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Technology.
- Fellow of the Academy of Engineering.
- Member, Nigerian Institute for Training and Development.
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management.
- Member, Nigerian Academy of Education
NATIONAL HONOUR: – Member of the Federal Republic, MFR