Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa is a renowned Nigerian engineer and distinguished Abusite who was the 16th President of the Nigerian society of engineers and the first person from the Northern part of Nigeria to head the respected engineering body.
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa was born on 15th April 1949 in Gwale L.G.A, Kano City, Kano State. He had his primary education at Kofar Kudu Junior Primary School, Emir’s Palace, Kano1956-1959, and at the Gwale Senior Primary School, Kano 1960-1962.
He received his secondary education at Government College Kaduna 1963-1967 where he obtained West Africa School Certificate with Division One and Rumbas College Kano, 1968-1969 for his Cambridge Higher School Certificate.
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa proceeded to the great Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 1970-1973 where he graduated with a Second Class Honours B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering and Cranfield University, Bedford (Formerly Cranfield Institute of Technology) M.Sc degree in Automobile Engineering in 1978.
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa further received specialist training from Kabel Metal, Hannover, Germany in Machine Operator on a Production Line. July to September 1972; Tokyo International Training Centre, Tokyo, Japan on Maintenance, Repairs, and Manufacture of Construction Equipment. May to August 1975; And from the Department of Administrative Studies, University of Manchester, England on Public and Private Sector Management for Senior Managers. January to April 1985.
Engr. Inuwa was a pioneer National Youth Service Corps Member NYSC, Port – Harcourt at the Marine Services Department of the Rivers State Transport Corporation and Responsible for the Repairs and Maintenance of Marine Fleet.
In 1974-1976 he served as Pupil Mechanical Engineer and later Mechanical Engineer Grade II in charge of repairs and maintenance of earthmoving equipment used on direct labor road construction in Kano State Ministry of Works & Survey.
He later became Mechanical Engineer Grade 1, Senior Mechanical Engineer and Principal Mechanical Engineer in charge of Central Mechanical Workshop in the Ministry of Work and Housing, Kano.
Between 1980 and 1984, Engr. Ibrahim Khaleel Inuwa worked in the Ministry of Rural and Community Development, Kano as Assistant Chief Engineer and rose to Chief Engineer. He became Chief Mechanical Engineer Kano State Agricultural and Rural Development Authority 1986, Deputy Managing Director, National Trucks Manufacturers Ltd and acted as Managing Director in 1986.
Between 1986-1989, he was a member of the Kano State Executive Council serving as the Commissioner for Ministry of Rural & Community Development, and later Commissioner in the Ministry of Animal Health and Forestry.
He Finally served as Director of Engineering in the Kano State Agricultural Rural Development Authority 1989 before he retired voluntarily from Civil Service to found Technokonsult Engineering and Management Consultant Ltd where he has been the Chairman Chief Executive Office. The company is engaged in the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Engineering Systems and Management Consultancy.
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa’s appointments
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa has also Served his professional organizations as well as various committees, boards, agencies, parastatals, etc in different capacities. They include:
- Council Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria. COREN 1979 to 1985, 1988 to 1994.
- President, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria COREN, April 1991 to December 1994.
- President, The Nigerian Society of Engineers NSE, January 1989 to December 1990
- Vice President, The Nigerian Society of Engineers NSE. January 1984 to December 1988.
- Board Member, Kano State Science and Technical Schools Board. 1984 to 1986.
- Member, Faculty Board, Faculty of Technology, Bayero University, Kano. 1985 to 1987.
- Chairman and Leader of 1987 Kano State Government Hajj Delegation. Amirul Hajj. July 1987.
- Member, Governing Council, Federal Road Safety Commission FRSC, 1988 to August 1994
- Director, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Co. Ltd. LNG. April 1986 to Oct. 1992.
- Member, TCPC Implementation Sub-Committee on Partial Privatisation and Commercialisation of NEPA. May to August 1990.
- Chairman, National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure, Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. July to December 1990.
- Director, Nigerian Uranium Mining Co. Ltd. NUMCO. July 1991 to October 1992.
- Member, Presidential Task Force on the Re-Activation of Nigeria National Paper Manufacturing Company Ltd. Iwopin. April 1991 to December 1992.
- Board Member, National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure NASENI, July 1992 to August 1994
- Chairman, Kano State College of Arts, Science and Remedial Studies, Jan. 1995 to March 1997.
- Chairman, Kano State Polytechnic, Kano. April 1997 to Oct. 1998.
- Member, 1999 Constitution Debate Co-ordinating Committee CDCC (Justice Niki Tobi Committee) Nov. 1998 to Dec. 1998.
- Chairman Kano State Government Committee for the verification and review of Projects, Transaction and contracts awarded between May 1999 and May 2003. July 2003 to January 2004.
- Member Monitoring Committee on the Federal Government of Nigeria/Ajaokuta Steel Company Ltd and Solgas Contact Concession Agreement. January 2004 to October 2004.
- Member Monitoring Committee on the Federal Government of Nigeria/Ajaokuta Steel Company Ltd, National Iron Ore Mining Company NIOMCO Itakpe and ISPAT Concession Agreements Nov. 2004 to date.
- Member Federal Government Peer Review Panel of Parastatals under Federal Ministry of Science & Technology June – July 2006.
- Chairman Committee for the Development of a National Raw Materials Policy. RMRDC December 2006 to date.
- Member Development Committee of Hydraulic Development Institute HEDI Kano a subsidiary of NASENI.
- Member Federal Government Presidential Standing Committee on the Strategic Application of Science & Technology for National Development: Unpacking Africa’s Great Asian Opportunity. March 2007 to date.
- Member Ministerial Committee on refocusing of Projects Development Institute PRODA Enugu August 2999 to date.
- Chairman Board of Directors National Board for Technology Incubation NBTI, Federal Ministry of Science & Technology, Abuja Sept 2009
Engr. Inuwa is a six times recipient of the Nigerian Society of Engineers NSE Award between 1983 and 2008, the Council for the Regulation of Engineering COREN distinguished Merit Award for Excellence (distinguished Service to Technology in 1997 and the Lagos State Polytechnic in 2005).
Engr Ibrahim Khalil Inuwa is a COREN Registered Engineer. COREN No. R1276. March 1979, Corporate Member, The Nigerian Society of Engineers NSE since May 1978; Honorary Fellow, the Nigerian Society of Agricultural Engineers and Member, Nigerian Institute of Management and Accredited Valuer, Institute of Appraisers & Cost Engineers.
Engr. Inuwa was Awarded Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR) by the Federal Government of Nigeria 20th December 2005.