The Government of Brunei has called for applications from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for International Students 2021 which is open now. The Brunei Government Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship Program for international students who wish to Study Abroad.
The Brunei Darussalam scholarship program provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake a world-class Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any of the four Prestigious Universities of Brunei.
There is No Application Fee for the Brunei Government Scholarship program. Applications are open to all international students from every Nationality to study any course of choice.
About the Nation of Brunei
Brunei officially the Nation of Brunei, or Brunei Darussalam, is a country located on the north coast of the island of Borneo in Southeast Asia. Apart from its coastline with the South China Sea, the country is surrounded by the Malaysian state of Sarawak. It is separated into two parts by the Sarawak district of Limbang.
Brunei is the only sovereign state completely on the island of Borneo; the remainder of the island’s territory is divided between the nations of Malaysia and Indonesia. Brunei’s population was 428,963 in 2018. The government is an absolute monarchy under the Sultan, which implements a combination of English common law and sharia law, as well as direct general Islamic practices
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Key Points
Below are the key points of the Brunei Darussalam scholarship program for international students:
Host Country: Brunei
Degree: Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate Master’s Degree
Eligible Nationalities: All Foreign Nationals
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Duration of Diploma Degree is three (3) Years. For an Undergraduate Degree Duration is four (4) Full Years while for Master Degree its 12 Months or 24 Months duration.
Affiliated List of Brunei Scholarship Universities
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
All courses are available in these universities. You can check the Official website link at the end of this post to see courses in the 4 universities mentioned above.
Brunei Scholarship Benefits
The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for International Students is a fully-funded scholarships program. This means that all Expenses will be covered. Beneficiaries will benefit from the following:
- Exemption from Paying Tuition Fees Including Acceptance, Examination, Registration & Orientation Fees.
- An Economy Class Round Airfare to/from Brunei Darussalam
- A Monthly Allowance of BND$500.00
- Monthly Meal Allowance of BND$150.00
- An Annual Book Allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the Residential College of the University
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance Cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
Brunei Scholarship Eligibility Requirement
- The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Program is open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC Member Countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs.
- Must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship
Application forms must be duly completed and submitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Brunei embassy of the applicant’s country.
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through the Official Website. APPLY HERE
In addition, applicants are also required to submit a Police clearance statement.