MTN Scholarships under the Youth Development Cause is an annual award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high-performing students in public Tertiary Institutions.
The MTN Scholarship is open to all eligible Nigerian students studying any courses in Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
MTN Science and Technology Scholarship, currently in its 12th phase, is open to eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology-related courses, in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
Under the program, 300 successful students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
Host: MTN Foundation
Eligible Country: Nigeria
Reward: 200,000 Naira Per Year
Deadline: August 15, 2021
In addition to the Scholarship for science and technology above, MTN would be offering the two additional scholarships below
- MTN Scholarship for Blind Students in its 10th phase is targeted at qualified 200 level blind students studying any course in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 60 successful blind students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation as long as they maintain the required grades.
- Top 10 UTME Scholarship in its 2nd phase is the latest addition to the MTN Scholarships and awards scholarships worth N200,000.00 to the top-performing UTME candidates who maintain the required grades from their 100 level through to graduation. The Top 10 UTME Scholarship is awarded irrespective of the successful candidates’ preferred course of study or Tertiary Institution – Public or Private in Nigeria.
MTN Scholarships Requirements
In order to be eligible to apply for the MTN Scholarships Scheme, applicants must meet the following conditions:
For the MTN Science & Technology entries
- Candidates must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year in public Universities, Colleges of Education, or Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- Applicants from Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1), while applicants from Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) and evidence of admission for the HND or Direct Entry Program.
- Current Beneficiaries of another Scholarship award (s) are not eligible to apply
For the MTN Scholarship for Blind Students
- Blind Candidates must be full-time undergraduates in 200 Level or 300 level/3rd year in public Universities, Colleges of Education, or Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- Applicants from Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 2.5 or its equivalent in the University or (Second Class Lower) or Lower Credit and evidence of admission for the HND or Direct Entry Program.
- Current Beneficiaries of other Scholarship awards (s) are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
On annual basis, a minimum of 500 students is awarded Scholarships of N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) each to cover tuition, book allowances, and stipend for one academic year.
Under the first phase of the project, the MTNF Scholarship award was presented to 500 successful candidates in 2nd year of study in science & technology-related disciplines across 44 Federal & State-owned tertiary institutions.
Method of Application
Interested Scholarship applicants will have to fill an online application form through a link that would be provided below.
Candidates are expected to provide their details such as Full Name, matriculation number, department, CGPA, course of study, home address, etc.
Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies and on the MTN Nigeria website