Sometine in 2016, The Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria announced its commencement of admissions into its e-learning MBA program (ABU Online MBA program). The initiative, which was in partnership with EduTech, was developed by the ABU Distance Learning Centre in a bid to provide high-quality education without the constraints of being in a classroom.
The ABU Online MBA program which was the first e-Learning MBA to receive full accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC), offers extraordinary flexibility which means that students can complete the program at their own pace based on a minimum and maximum time frame, as prescribed by the accrediting body.
The ABU Online MBA program is ideal for working professionals looking to enhance their professional credentials or diversify their skill sets and experiences to help them become more competitive in today’s job market.
Highlights of the ABU Online MBA program
Focused and flexible, the highly ranked ABU Online MBA program delivers the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career whenever and wherever it’s convenient for you. Delivered entirely over the Internet, the e-Learning MBA is ideal for career professionals who need flexibility, convenience, and quality.
The ABU Distance Learning Centre’s MBA delivers a comprehensive business curriculum with many ways to customize your MBA to your goals, and personal support every step of the way. Earn the same highly ranked MBA as full-time and part-time programs — with the same curriculum, taught by the same faculty – and join a network of prestigious business school alumni.
The ABU Online MBA program runs for a trimester session which helps students to fast track their program without breaking their back. As such, students interested in a fast track are advised to use this semester to offer additional courses.
The ABU Online MBA Classification
Graduates of the following are regarded as MBA regular (students with business administration background):
- Bsc. Business Administration
- Bsc. Banking and Finance
- Bsc. Marketing Human Resource Management
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Actuarial Science
Other graduates are referred to as MBA special
- MBA – Finance and Investment Specialization
- MBA – Human Resources Specialization
- MBA – Marketing Specialization
- MBA Regular (4 Semesters): Fast track – 18 months, Normal – 24 months
- MBA Special (5 Semesters): Fast track- 24 months, Normal – 28 months
Minimum number of courses per semester: 4. Click here to Download M.B.A Course Structure
- Any 5 O’Level credits in no more than 2 sittings.
- NYSC certificate (or exemption letter) especially for applicants under 30 years. Graduates from NOUN, other distance learning centers within or outside the country are exempted from this requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with at least a second class lower or 2.40 Cumulative Grade Point Average from any recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with 3rd class plus 5 years post-graduation experience or a 3rd class with a Postgraduate Diploma.
- HND holders from any recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit who are holders of either a Post Graduate Diploma or any recognized professional certificates such as ANAN, ACIB and ACA etc may be considered.