The Nigeria LNG Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates into the NLNG Scholarships Scheme for 2022. The Scheme seeks to grow a pool of high-potential Nigerian graduates and professionals with a competitive advantage.
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance, because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
Since 1998 , the NLNG has supported 3836 Nigerian post-primary, undergraduate and postgraduate students with scholarships.
This was founded as a critical component of our education intervention programme for her host communities in the country.
2022 NLNG Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: UK
- Category: Secondary School, Undergraduate, and Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Reward: Up to $67,500 | N28,080,000
- Deadline: April 18, 2022
NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes: Post Primary, Under-Graduate, and Post Graduate to encourage academic excellence and support human capital development in Nigeria.
NLNG Scholarships focuses on education and human capital development as areas of special significance, because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
The scheme aims at assisting high-performing basic six pupils in the company’s host communities to access post-primary education. Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through application on company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
- Have provisional admission from any of the under-listed UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, and Medicine:
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Manchester
- University of Cranfield
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Completed NYSC program
- Obtained not less than an 8.0 IELTS score
- Not be no more than 30 years of age as at the time of application
NLNG Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Scholarship
The security situation in North Eastern Nigeria has unfortunately created a large population of vulnerable persons. This scheme was instituted to complement Federal Government’s effort in rebuilding Nigeria’s North-Eastern region through award of scholarships to 30 candidates (10 from each of the IDP camps in the three states worse hit by insurgency – Adamawa, Borno and Yobe). This award is for sponsorship of students in secondary education.
Method of Application
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply:
- To fill invalid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview/test.
- Applicants are advised to check their mailbox regularly for information on the status of their applications. The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
- NLNG is not under obligation to offer any kind of employment to successful candidates upon graduation, neither are candidates bonded to NLNG on account of this scholarship.