Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment into the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 service period.
The Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention programme established by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in addressing teacher shortage at basic education level.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UBEC FEDERAL TEACHERS SCHEME (FTS)
Only candidates who fulfill the following conditions need apply:
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014. Must have completed or exempted from NYSC.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014.
Specialization in any of the following subjects:
a. English Language
c. Integrated Science
d. Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
e. Agricultural Science
f. Home Economics
g. Computer Science
h. Technical/Technology Education
i. Computer Science or Information Technology
J. Nigerian Languages
k. Physical and Health Education
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Not currently employed or enrolled under NYSC. NPower or any similar programme.
DURATION: The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
REMUNERATION: The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000 per month.
How to Apply for 2020/2021 Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS)
Application Form shall be completed online. Interested candidates who fulfill all the above listed eligibility criteria should visit https://fts.admissions.cloud to complete and submit their application Forms online.
Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photograph. The portal for application shall be open for two (2) weeks, from 10th September, 2020 to 24th September, 2020. There will be no extension.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
- Date: Saturday, 10th October, 2020.
- VENUE: At designated CBT Centre in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBS) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices).
- Time: 9.00 am.